How to sell on amazon as a Nigerian
How to sell on amazon as a Nigerian
Let me show you how to sell on amazon as a Nigerian.
Amazon is the biggest online store in the world, it gets millions of worldwide visits daily and it houses some great products at competitive prices.
Everyone businessman will love the opportunity to showcase and sell their products on amazon, but unfortunately, not everyone can do this.
If you are one of those that have been asking the question “how to sell on amazon as a Nigerian?”, I have an answer for you in the following paragraphs.
Unfortunately, amazon does not allow Nigerians to sell on its platform, it has a list of supported countries from which sellers are allowed on it’s website, but unfortunately Nigeria is not one of them.
This could be as a result of many reasons, which we can only speculate, but the bottom line is Nigerians are not allowed to sell on amazon.
There are some ways with which you can sell on amazon if you are a Nigerian, but it totally depends on how resourceful you are.
Do you want to learn how to sell on amazon as a Nigerian? if yes, then I will show you. Make sure you read this post till the end, and if you have questions, you can always ask in the comment section.
Read my post on the best sites to sell gift cards in Nigeria
Let’s get into it then
Benefits of selling on amazon
There are numerous benefits of selling on amazon:
- Amazon is the most popular online store in the world, it gets millions of visits worldwide. This means that no matter the type of product you are selling; you can be sure to find numerous buyers on the platform.
- Amazon will do the hard part of selling online for you i.e. packing and shipping. This is great because you can then concentrate on the most important thing, which is growing your business.
With opportunities like this, you can see why many people want to sell on amazon.
Requirements for selling on amazon
Amazon is a trusted company where people can easily go and shop, therefore, it has a reputation to protect and does require certain things from you before you can start selling your products on its platform.
There are specific rules for people who live outside the United states of America on how to sell their products.
- Amazon will need you to provide a real physical address, the address must be in one of the supported countries.
- Amazon also needs you to provide your real name, so it knows the identity of whoever they are allowing to sell on its platform.
- Visa/MasterCard international banking card along with the banking details (with this, you will able to receive electronic payment and automatic wire transfer) etc.
- Amazon will ask for the EIN code to activate your account. In simple terms, you will have to pay tax for every amount of money you earn online from these companies. This number is obtained by you with the help of the IRS.GOV website, where you should fill out the special form called 10-BEN.
As a Nigerian, there are some ways around this. For example, if you have relatives or friends in any of the amazon approved countries, you can use their address to register.
You can also find a U.S based partner that offers you a virtual physical address in the united states of America for rent.
Another thing you can do is to use a payoneer card for receiving money in US dollars.
You can get a bank account and a credit card from one of the amazon supported countries and also obtain a US EIN number.
If you can get these things, then you will be on your way to becoming a seller on amazon and thereby showcasing your products to the world.
In the next paragraph, am going to show you how to register a seller account on amazon.
Registering an amazon seller account
You don’t need to travel from Nigeria to USA to register an amazon seller account, you can do that in Nigeria, as long as you have all the necessities that amazon require.
If you have an address in any one of the supported amazon countries, then you can use it in your registration.
All your required documents must be made available; you will also need to use a VPN to hide your Nigerian IP address during registration.
The seller account costs about $39.99 plus extra selling fees per month, or it costs $0.99 plus extra fees per each item sold if you choose to create an individual seller account.
Choosing a shipping partner
After registering an account, you will have to wait for amazon to activate and approve it, you can then choose a shipping partner. There are two ways to go about this.
- Ship your products to your partner who lives in the supported for seller registration countries. (i.e. the person’s address with which you registered).
- Use amazon warehouse by shipping your products there i.e. its FBA (fulfillment by amazon).
The first one is not advisable, since it will take a long time to ship your products, and also it will be very expensive (international shipping mostly is).
With amazon FBA (fulfillment by amazon), your products will be shipped by amazon, since your products will be physically located at the amazon warehouse.
Countries supported by amazon
Eurozone: Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia,
Slovenia, and Spain, United Kingdom, United States
Albania*, Argentina*, Australia, Brazil*
Bulgaria, Canada, Switzerland and Lichtenstein, China* Colombia* Czech Republic, Denmark (including Greenland and the Faroe Islands), Hong Kong, Croatia,
Hungary, Indonesia*, Israel*, India, Jordan*, Japan*, Cambodia*, South Korea*, Laos* Sri Lanka*, Morocco*, Mexico*, Malaysia* Norway*, Nepal*, New Zealand*, Philippines*, Pakistan*, Poland*
Romania*, Russia*, Sweden*, Singapore*, Thailand*, Taiwan*, Turkey*, Vietnam*, South Africa*
I hope that will this post, you now know how to sell on amazon as a Nigerian. If you have any questions, you can leave them in the comments section below and I will tend to them as soon as I can.
Remember to share with your friends who might need this and don’t forget to subscribe to this blog to keep on getting posts like this, straight to your inbox.
Thank you for reading and have a great day.
Read my post on patricia gift cards
Read my post on the best bitcoin walletFollow us on social media
One thought on “How to sell on amazon as a Nigerian”
Thank you for sharing this wonderful message, pls the name and the Payoneer account I have to use is it my name/ acct or the person in the supported country.