8 cheapest and best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria
Read all about the cheapest and best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria.
Shopping online, paying for subscriptions or making normal digital payments in Nigeria can sometimes be difficult, especially on foreign platforms like Facebook, Alibaba, Aliexpress, Amazon, Netflix etc.
This is because our normal naira MasterCard or visa card can sometimes be rejected or maybe even has restrictions placed on it.
A virtual card is just like a physical card, with the difference being that it is completely digital and cannot be used physically. These virtual cards can be used to make payments online comfortably, anywhere in the world.
There are numerous platforms that offers virtual dollar cards, you can pick from anyone or even have multiple virtual dollar cards.
In this post I titled “8 cheapest and best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria”, I am going to be writing about all you will need to know about the cheapest and best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria.
Remember to leave us a comment after you finish reading and also share with your friends on social media.
Let’s get into it then…
What is a Virtual dollar card?
A virtual dollar card is a dollar denominated non-physical card for making payments online and not for physical transactions like withdrawal of cash i.e. you can online use the card for online transactions.
You can easily get a virtual dollar card from your smartphone without needing to visit the banking halls. There are numerous platforms that offers virtual dollar cards, you can pick from anyone or even have multiple virtual dollar cards.
In the next few paragraphs, I am going to be showing you the cheapest and best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria.
Barter by flutterwave
The barter by flutterwave launched in 2019 and is a very popular option when it comes to virtual dollar card. The flutterwave is a fintech company that allows people to send and receive money from anywhere in the world.
Barter by flutterwave provides a virtual dollar card in Nigeria that can be used for online shopping and making online payments anywhere in the world.
How to get the barter by flutterwave virtual dollar card?
- Sign up to Barter by downloading the barter mobile app or visit the website
- Input your details and complete the know your customer & verification stage.
- Add money to your barter by flutterwave account.
- Click on “Create new card”
- Go on to create either a multi-functional or a platform specific card.
- Fund your virtual dollar card and start making payments online with ease.
ALAT Virtual dollar card
The ALAT virtual dollar card is owned by Wema bank and was the first digital bank in Nigeria. You can also get a Virtual dollar card.
To get an ALAT virtual dollar card, you’ll need to have an ALAT account and you will also get a physical debit card with ALAT.
How to get an ALAT virtual dollar card?
- Download and sign up for ALAT on its app
- Sign in to ALAT on mobile or web
- Navigate to the main menu and tap on cards
- Click on ALAT dollar card
- Click on create a new card
- Then fill in all the required information to proceed and create a virtual dollar card.
Wallets.africa virtual dollar card
Wallets.africa is another fintech company that you can get a virtual dollar card from. This virtual dollar card can be used to make payments online anywhere in the world.
How to get Wallets.africa virtual dollar card?
- Sign up to wallets.africa by downloading the wallet mobile app to create an account.
- Click on cards
- Tap on create your card
- Then you can fund your card.
Kuda bank virtual card
Kuda bank is a digital bank in Nigeria that allows you to take your bank with you anywhere in the world on your mobile phone. Kuda bank doesn’t charge for creating virtual cards on its app.
How to get Kuda bank virtual card?
- Open the Kuda bank on your phone
- Login to the app
- Tap card on the MENU at the bottom of your screen.
- Choose request a card
- Then tap get a virtual card
- Confirm with your Kuda transaction PIN, fingerprint and face ID.
Eyowo visa virtual dollar card
Eyowo is another financial technology company that allows you to make payments, pay bills & receive money with just your phone number.
You can also get a virtual dollar card on Eyowo and fund with her little as 1 dollar.
How to get Eyowo virtual dollar card
- Sign in to Eyowo mobile app
- Navigate to the dashboard and tap on more.
- Then tap on “Eyowo dollar cards”
- Click “Create card”
- You can then fund your virtual card.
Eversend virtual dollar card
Eversend is a neobank in Africa. A mobile only banking alternative where you can exchange, save and send money instantly within and outside Africa.
It’s a fintech app that allows you to hold a multi-currency wallet. This means you can hold & exchange 6 different currencies: GHC, KES, NGN, RWF, UGX and USD.
Eversend also offers virtual dollar mastercard in Nigeria for paying online.
How to get a Eversend virtual dollar card?
- Sign up or log in to the eversend mobile app
- Navigate to cards and tap it.
- Then tap or create new card
- Enter the amount you would like the card to hold
- The minimum amount to create a card on Eversend is $5
- Enter the PIN to confirm the transaction.
- Fund your card.
Bitsika virtual visa dollar card
Bitsika is an app for sending and receiving money between Ghana and Nigeria. You can easily receive and transfer funds from your wallet to other bitsika wallets.
Bitsika also allows you to buy and sell bitcoin, BUSD and other crypto using your bitsika wallet. To get started, all you have to do is install the bitsika app on your phone.
Fundall virtual dollar card
You can also get a virtual dollar card in Nigeria on Fundall. The Fundall virtual US dollar card is a prepaid dollar denominated card that allows you to make payments and shop online anywhere in the world.
How to get Fundall virtual dollar card
- Sign up to Fundall by downloading the app
- Tap on the spend option
- Select the cards option
- Then tap on Add new card
- Select the virtual US dollar card option
- Customise your card by adding a label and your preferred billing address
- Fund your card with an amount as low as $5 by inputting the naira equivalent
- Then click on “Fund card” to complete your fundall virtual card creation process.
Thank you for reading my post on the 8 cheapest and best virtual dollar cards in Nigeria. If you have any question or comment, you can leave it below in the comment section below.
Remember to share with your friends on social media and also subscribe to this blog for cryptocurrency updates.
Thank you once again.Follow us on social media