How to reactivate dormant GTbank account (USSD, bank)
Read my post on How to reactivate dormant GTbank account.
If you are a GTbank customer, and your bank account hasn’t performed any transactions for the past 6 month, your account is probably going to get deactivated or turned dormant.
At first, you might start panicking, but that is not a solution. Now, here is where the question comes in, how can I reactivate my GTbank account? Well, worry no more, this post will show you how to easily reactivate your account without any stress or the need to visit your bank.
How to reactivate GTbank account with USSD code
If you wish to reactivate your gtbank account without going to the bank, follow the instructions below.
- Dial *737# from the phone number you used to set up your account.
- Fill in the blank space with your bank verification number (BVN).
- If you know your account officer code, enter it on the prompted screen; otherwise, pick “1” to proceed.
- To complete the reactivation, you must make a transaction by recharging your phone with at least 100 naira using the gtbank USSD number *737#.
The procedure is straightforward, and you don’t need to go to the bank to complete it; you can do it from the comfort of your own home.
How to check if your GTbank account is still active
If you haven’t used your gtbank account in a while and want to see if it’s still functioning, see if you can execute the following transactions:
- Transfer of funds
- Adding to your airtime
- Payment by check to a third party
- Withdrawal of funds
- Payment of a bill
If you are unable to complete any of the transactions listed above, your account has been deactivated and is inactive.
How to reactivate your GTbank account (Visiting the bank method)
If you are unable to revive your account using the steps above, your account may have been dormant.
If you haven’t made any transactions on that account in over a year, this is what will happen.
To revive a dormant account, go to your local gtbank branch and provide the required documents.
- A recent utility bill from the last three months.
- A valid form of identity, such as a passport, driver’s license, permanent voter’s card, or national identification card.
Request a dormant account reactivation form, complete it with all of your information, and submit it.
How to avoid getting your GTbank account deactivated or becoming dormant
If you would like to prevent your account from getting deactivated or going dormant, take the following steps:
- Use your gtbank account to make transactions.
- Always use products and services for your transactions; you don’t even need to go to the bank; you may use the USSD code *737#, deposit ATMs, mobile apps, and internet banking instead.
- Keep your bank accounts’ addresses and contact details up to date.
GTbank customer support details
+234 700 4826 66328
+234 1 448 0000
+234 802 900 2900
+234 803 900 3900
Social media handles:
I hope the various guides listed in this post will guide you to reactivate your deactivated or dormant GTbank account, if this works for you or you have any other questions, kindly comment down below, you will be gotten back to with appropriate feedback.Follow us on social media